You wake up from hours of healthy sleep only to see your skin looking dry and stretched. This skin type is short of moisture and often feels parched or inflamed at certain times of the day. The best way to care for it is to choose the right grade of products, such as face wash for dry skin and curate a personalized skincare routine. Here’s how you could get that done with relative ease too!
While oily skin is something nobody seems to like, dry skin is not what many women want to sign up for either. The latter is prone to skin irritation, itching, and inflammation, thus worsening the skin even more. To treat these issues, you should opt for skincare products that offer deep moisturization to the skin cells.
Curating a skincare regimen for dry skin
Waking up to stretchy skin every morning isn’t pleasant. It makes you feel like you are slacking off the right skincare routine. Properly moisturizing your skin will pave the way for healthy and younger-looking skin. Moisturization keeps the skin’s barrier intact, preventing signs of aging from materializing later.
So, here’s a comprehensive guide on caring for dry skin by using a face cream for dry skin.
Step 1: Cleanser that maintains skin barrier
Pondering how a face cleanser can work for dry skin? Well, the former helps remove dirt and other impurities from layers beneath the skin without even disrupting your skin’s pH. The best grade of cleansers contains no parabens or foam but only hydrating ingredients to get the job done. You can also use a face pack for glowing skin just before cleansing for a radiant complexion.
Tip: Check for hydrating ingredients like glycerin, honey, saffron, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid in your chosen skin care product.
Step 2: Nonalcoholic toner to prevent skin itching
After cleansing your face, choose a well-formulated toner to leave your skin feeling refreshed and calmed. Avoid alcohol-based toners as they may have some possibility of irritating the dry skin. Use cotton pads and gently pour a drop or two of toner to wipe away the impurities.
Step3: Serum for skin enhancement
The next step in skin care is layering it with a serum to keep it looking healthy and hydrated. A serum is an affluent skincare regimen enriched with antioxidants to reduce oxidative stress and help prevent collagen breakdown. It makes your skin nourished, soft, and supple.
Step4: Face cream for dry skin woes
Dry skin care is all about preventing skin from succumbing to premature aging. So moisturization is typically essential for dry skin types. In addition, it also creates a protective barrier against environmental triggers such as wind, dust, pollution, etc. So you should not skip this process entirely.
Tip: It is best to opt for any face cream for dry skin with nourishing ingredients like Vitamin E, honey, etc., to restore the skin barrier.
5 Proven tips to take care of dry skin
Here is some valuable feedback from the skincare experts on how to take care of dry skin.
- Avoid hot water baths. Taking that hot water sauna for a relaxing vibe can make your skin dry and flaky.
- Avoid regular soap bars. You can use moisturizing gel lotions and body washes instead. Stay away from alkali- or sulfate-based bars of soaps.
- Do not vigorously rub your face immediately after the wash. Instead, dab and gently wipe excess water.
- Never skip the moisturization process, but don’t use it more than twice a day. Massaging your face with face cream for dry skin also reaps the best results.
Which is the best cream for dry skin?If your skin feels stretchy or irritated after the face wash, you probably need to use a face cream for dry skin. Picking the right grade of such a cream may help you have the best results with your current skincare routines.
We thus recommend opting for Mamaearth’s face creams. In the age of chemically-enriched skincare products, Mamaearth crafts its products with the Goodness of Nature. Its toxin-free approach to making high-quality skincare products has made it one of India’s most trustworthy brands for skin, hair, and baby care products.
You can also check out the Mamaearth website for face packs for glowing skin, face masks, serums, cleansers, and everything in between.
Let’s talk about Mamaearth’s face cream for dry skin– it is Ubtan Day Cream with Turmeric & Saffron.
Enriched with glow-enhancing ingredients like saffron and turmeric, this face cream for dry skin nourishes the skin and imparts a radiant glow. It also safeguards the skin against UVA and UVB damage. In addition, its super lightweight formula does not make your skin look greasy or oily.
- Turmeric: It gives your skin a radiant glow by reducing signs of premature aging, sun damage, and acne marks. Its antibacterial properties help prevent bacterial growth and skin irritation due to dryness.
- Saffron: Saturated with vitamins, this ingredient soothes the skin and helps cell regeneration. It also moisturizes the skin deeply, thus giving it a supple texture. Saffron also helps reduce hyperpigmentation.
Aloe Vera Day Cream With Rice Water & NiacinamideBlended with the goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha, this face cream for dry skin rejuvenates lifeless skin. Regular application of this day cream promotes collagen synthesis, slows down signs of aging, and prevents sun spots. It also has SPF 30 that safeguards your skin against UVA and UVB damage.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a natural hydrant. It is known to deeply moisturize the skin without making it greasy or oily.
- Ashwagandha: Enriched with antioxidants, Ashwagandha combats free radical damage on the skin and deals with premature skin aging.
- Gotu Kola: It helps restore skin elasticity and firmness. This nutrient is also responsible for boosting collagen synthesis.
- Niacinamide: This ingredient helps the skin make a ceramide barrier, which helps seal moisture. It also minimizes enlarged pores and evens out the skin.
Mamaearth’s amazing skincare range is something you would not want to stay away from when your skin feels drier and dull. If you have not tried its products yet, we suggest you try this toxin-free face cream for dry skin and see the difference. You may note that it is Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand and offers a wide range of FDA- and PETA-approved skin care products.