Forbes has estimated that the e-learning market will reach about $325 Billion by 2025. E-learning platforms like Udemy, Coursera, and Edx have become top-notch learning websites and are generating substantial revenue. The above has now triggered the inquisitive nature of entrepreneurs around the world. They are all interested in knowing how to create a website like Udemy for their gains.
In this article, you will learn about e-learning and how to create a website similar to Udemy, continue reading to find out more on the topic.
Create a Website Like Udemy
Before you learn how to create an Udemy-like website, you must know some things about the Udemy learning platform. The Udemy e-learning platform is modeled on both quantity and quality, and the platform offers a wide range of courses amounting to about 130,000 or more. These courses are most time short-term and are handled by separate instructors.
Below are some tips on how to create an online education website like Udemy.
- Targeted Audience: For you to venture into the e-learning marketplace, it is proper to conductnecessary research and analysis into the e-learning market. Analyze your target audience, age gaps, interest, and how they spend their free time. Find out interesting and helpful content for your future students. Also, research your competitors, find out about the most popular e-learning platforms, learn their best strategies and evaluate their weaknesses, then make improvements to your website or app based on the analysis and findings.
- Find a Team: When you are done with your research and analysis, you can now look for a reliable developer to build your e-learning website. Go for a skilled and professional developer, and this is because experienced developers provide a wide range of skill sets and expertise, which you definitely need if you are serious about building a top-notch e-learning website. Ensure that the hiring teampossesses in-depth knowledge of the job and that they will adhere to your specifications.
- Engage Good Educators: Even with the best developers, UI/UX designs, and a great website, it will not be enough. You will also have to be able to deliver excellent content on your website and to do so. You will need to get skilled and experienced tutors to partner with.
Valuable Features of An E-learning Website.
There are essential features without that you cannot do the E-learning website. These are:
- Registration and Profile Management: This feature allows students and teachers to sign up. Users can sign up using their email and phone numbers and create a password combination. Profile management involves the handling of information or data belonging to users.
- Search Filters: If you want to create a website like Coursera, you must add the “Search Filter “ feature to your website. A search bar will enable users to search for information and contents from your various catalog of courses.
- Dashboard: The dashboard helps track the progress of the students and teachers.
- Course Page: Course materials like recordings, instructive videos, podcasts, textbooks, and charts can be found on the course page. Each course should detail the topics to be treated and the material to be used. It should also contain a little info on the creator of the material.
- Payment Method: The payment method should be convenient for users. The payment methodmight include; debit cards, PayPal, or Stripe.
- Admin Panel: An admin panel is an essential feature of any learning website. It allows the administrators to manage content on the website. The admin can also manage and upload contenton the website. From the admin panel, notifications and emails can be managed. Courses can be edited, added, or deleted.
Irrespective of the model you choose for your e-learning website, the features above are essential, and to create a website like Udemy, you will have to add those features to your website. You may also wish to create a website like Edx if it is more familiar to you, and if that is the case, you will do well to follow all the tips given in the article above.