Christene Barberich is the global editor-in-chief & co-founder of the Webby award-winning lifestyle media company, Refinery29, which reaches 225 million women worldwide every month. She is also the New York Times best-selling author of Style Stalking.
Prior to co-founding Refinery29 in 2005, she held posts at Gourmet Magazine, The Daily, The New Yorker, and was the founding editor of the ASME-winning CITY magazine. Her fashion and design writing have appeared in The New York Times, Travel & Leisure, New York Magazine, Dwell, Amuse, and Elle Decoration among other titles.
In 2014, she was named one of Ad Age’s top 20 Media Mavens of the year, and in 2016 she was named one of Folio’s Top Women In Media for Industry Leadership. In addition to her editorial and new media work, she is a frequent industry speaker and has provided brand consulting and/or content for a mix of fashion and lifestyle clients, including American Eagle, Nine West, Prada Beauté, Nike, Yves Saint Laurent Fragrance, and others. She lives in Brooklyn.
Christene Barberich has worked on different projects for well-known international brands:
- 7 for all mankind: She oversaw the launch, content build-out, and weekly management of cult denim company 7 for all mankind’s first brand blog.
- Prada: She profiled esteemed Givaudan and Prada perfumer Daniela Andrier while researching new fragrance development and production in Grasse, France, for a comprehensive in-house project dossier.
- Nike: She worked with the creative agency Ceft & Company on a collectible promotional publication merging the debut of a limited collection of footwear and sportswear along with a collaborative exhibition, featuring renowned artists Ryan Mcginley and Shoplifter.
- Yves Saint Laurent: She was chosen by creative agency Sub Rosa and Yves Saint Laurent as a fashion writer to participate in a 10-day journey and extensive online promotion for the launch of the company’s newest fragrance Parisienne.
- Freeman’s Sporting Club: She worked with creative agency Mediacraft co. to develop all company collateral for both the menswear line and the restaurant.
- Tenoversix: She collaborated on all launch branding copy with creative director Kristen Lee for the brick-and-mortar and online debut of the popular L.A. Boutique.
- Aerie by American Eagle: She collaborated with creative teams to conceive advertising concepts, promotional themes, and seasonal in-store display copy; consulted on Aerie brand; worked with creative team on branding web copy for the launch of American Eagle’s children’s line, 77kids.
- Nine West: She created an original profile exploration of the contemporary nine west “Girl,” illustrating her voice and vision through a dynamic tumblr blog.