Winter can pose fashion dilemmas for even the most stylish of women. It’s hard to stay on trend when the weather is coming in and your main priority is staying warm and dry! But never fear. At Aran Sweater Market, our wool products are legendary. Here is our selection of beautiful Merino wool sweaters that are super cosy, yet fashionable too.
Merino wool is a very special fibre. It comes from the Merino sheep, and holds many unique qualities that set it apart from other types of wool.
• Super soft – Many women find that their sensitive skin struggles to be comfortable when wearing heavier clothing made of normal wool or synthetic fibres. But where regular wool itches, Merino doesn’t. Its ultrafine composition means its shape readily adapts, flexing to your body and preventing those annoying itches that can make wearing standard jumpers such a pain.
• Antibacterial – Merino wool contains lanolin and keratin produced by the sheep’s skin. These have powerful antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. This means your jumper will not only stay cleaner, but it will resist any bacteria, fungus, or simply sweaty smells, that can build up over time in a well-worn product.
• Lightweight – Merino wool holds heat wonderfully and so a very warm jumper can remain incredibly lightweight. This is usually preferable, more flattering, and more comfortable, than piling on bulky layers when the temperature drops.
• Natural – Merino wool is a 100% natural fibre. No environmentally damaging plastic content (as with many other types of warm weather clothing, such as acrylic wools or fleeces). Many believe natural fibres are a much healthier choice, as well as a more responsible one. Merino is a renewable resource, and is of course fully biodegradable, meaning it will leave no harm or trace when disposed of.
• Protective – Merino wool also provides protection against the sun. Your skin will be shielded from UV rays, just as the sheep’s skin is. What is more, Merino is also highly fire resistant. Unlike polyester or cotton, Merino doesn’t ignite until it reaches 570-600 degrees C! While it is to be hoped that you don’t find yourself in quite such a hot situation, it goes to show that Merino has fantastic heat regulating qualities – yes, it will keep you warm, but it will also keep you cool when needed.
Our pick of super cozy and fashionable Merino sweaters for women
So you’ve decided that a Merino sweater is the way to go to keep you cosy this winter. But how to find your ideal Merino choice? Luckily, Aran Sweater Market have you covered. Our range of Merino sweaters for women is extensive, from timeless styles to cute updates on traditional ideas. With a huge choice of colours and cuts, Aran Sweater Market is your one-stop-shop for all things Merino. Here’s our guide to our favourites for this season.
1. The classic: Women’s Merino Aran Sweater
This wardrobe essential combines the classic Aran look with all the softness and comfort that Merino wool is famous for. Bringing together tradition with fashion, our women’s Merino Aran Sweater features some of the most well-known Aran stitches, such as the honeycomb stitch and the cable stitch. These were thought to bring protections and luck to the wearer.
The Aran Sweater Market Merino Aran Sweater is made in Ireland from 100% Merino wool. Merino is an active fibre, meaning it reacts to your body’s temperature to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer – so this is a year round piece. The Merino will stretch and adapt to your body shape. Each piece is a unique garment that comes with a signed and stamped Certificate of Authenticity. This timeless classic will become a family heirloom, ready to pass on to future generations!
2. Women’s Merino Wool Cable Knit Hoodie
For something with a little more of a contemporary feel, take a look at the Aran Sweater Market Merino Wool Cable Knit Hoodie. It’s the perfect choice for casual and comfy knitwear this season. The cable detailing lends the Aran authenticity and gives a stylish edge, while its hooded design gives a cosy feel and a wonderful practicality for those who need to get outside in the winter weather! The hoodie comes in a range of colours, from neutrals like natural white, to the greens and blues that reflect the beauty of sky and land in the Aran islands.
3. Women’s Merino Fair Isle Sweater With Pockets
Aran Sweater Market is proud to present a new Merino product for this season – this beautiful Fair Isle Sweater featuring a stunning jacquard design, made from 100% Merino wool.
Fair Isle knitting is a traditional technique hailing from the Shetland Islands of Scotland. It is used to create patterns with multiple colours, and its distinctive look is popular the world over. At Aran Sweater Market, as inheritors and guardians of one ancient knitting tradition, we thought it would be interesting to unite our Aran techniques with stitches from another ancient knitting tradition, that of Fair Isle – and this stunning jumper is the result of the collaboration. The sweater is knit using the traditional Aran cable pattern on the body, while the Fair Isle pattern is used to decorate the top, neckline, and cuffs.
Additional features include raglan sleeves, a rounded neck line, and insert pockets. Because pockets are the most useful clothing feature ever!
With its stunning pattern detailing, and a range of colour ways to choose from, this Merino Aran – Fair Isle collaboration is a stand out seasonal favourite.
4. Women’s Merino Wool A-line Fit Cardigan
Our final Merino pick is this super stylish A-line Fit Cardigan. Made from 100% Merino wool, it’s A-line design complements any figure and makes a stylish alternative to a sweater. The clinched waistline gives an ultra-feminine feel, while the three button fastening makes it a fantastic top-layer choice. Available in a whole spectrum of colours, this cardigan would be the perfect easy-wear choice, to keep you warm whilst looking smart, whatever the occasion.
Whether you are searching for a long-lasting family heirloom piece, or simply want a stylish item of clothing to keep you warm now, you can’t go wrong with Merino wool. Natural, easy-care, and fantastically soft, you’ll never want to take it off! Browse Aran Sweater Market’s range of beautiful Merino wool sweaters for women today to find your perfect Merino item to keep you super cosy AND fashionable!